- Duration: 5D
- Location: Israel
- Available Seat: 15
- Price: 995
Desert Marathon in Israel
Run for Fun with Family & Friends
the most beautiful & wildest route in Israel
with optional extension to Petra & Wadi Rum in Jordan
This November, join the race in the land of creation and creativity, Israel.
Start your run in the desert and end on the shores of the Red Sea traversing mountains surrounding the city of Eilat with shades of sand ,breathtaking views in a city which is at the confluence of 4 countries – Israel, Jordan, Egypt & Saudi Arabia.
Choose from 4 different running options – 42.2 kms, 21.1 kms, 10 kms and 5 kms and be part of a huge festival of running in Israel.
Arrive into the bustling city of Tel Aviv and explore the white city, a UNESCO site for it Bauhaus style building, continuing to Old Jaffa the oldest port in the world before heading in the direction of the Negev desert where you will start your marathon on Friday, 30th November 2018.
Enjoy a range of optional activities, post your run including diving for amateurs, desert jeep safari, hiking or visiting a Dolphin reef or a Coral Beach Nature reserve.
Post your run, you cross the border to arrive at Petra – one of the new 7 wonders of the world , where you spend an entire day in the Red Stone city of Jordan before heading to Wadi Rum of the Lawrence of Arabia fame for a thrilling desert experience taking you back in time to enjoy the sand dunes and the canyons as seen in the famous Hollywood movie of yesteryears.
Basic Package : 4 nights/5 days USD 995* per person on twin share basis
(for minimum 20 persons travelling together)
Single Supplement: USD 470
From November 28 to December 2, 2018
- Meet and greet at Ben Gurion Airport
- Porterage at hotels
- 4 nights stay in 4 star hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis on bed and breakfast basis
- One lunch in the Negev desert and four dinners including Pasta dinner on the day before the marathon
- Transfers on arrival from Ben Gurion Airport to your hotel in Tel Aviv
- Half day sightseeing in Tel Aviv and Jaffa with English speaking guide
- Domestic flight from Eilat to Tel Aviv
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Border and exit tax in case of extended travel to Jordan (approximately 45 USD to be paid directly at the border in cash in NIS &/or JOD)
- Airport transfer to the Eilat Airport
- Marathon fees entrance charges
- GST of 5% on total payment of tour price and registration fees for the marathon.
- International flights to/from Israel
Marathon Fees (valid for registration before 31st August 2018)
42.2 kms – NIS 270 ( USD 75 approximately)
21.1 kms – NIS 220 (USD 62 approximately)
10 kms – NIS 120 (USD 34 approximately)
5 kms – NIS 90 (USD 25 approximately)
Entry fee: NIS 30 or USD 9
On registering for the 4 nights/5 days package, you will be entitled to a reduction of 10% in the Marathon entrance charges on registering before 31st August 2018 with Namaste Tourism.
Optional extension to Jordan
To see one of the 7 new wonders of the world – Petra and Wadi Rum
- 2 nights in 3 star accommodation in Petra , breakfast & dinner inclusive
- 1 night accommodation in 3 star Wadi Rum desert camp breakfast & dinner inclusive
- 1 night accommodation in 4 star hotel in Eilat , breakfast & dinner included
- Transfer to and/from Jordanian border
- Meet & Assist by Jordanian representative upon arrival and departure in Jordan
- Entrance fees to Petra and Wadi Rum
- Short horse ride to entrance of Siq (on horseback)
- Air conditioned bus throughout the itinerary
- English speaking guide in Jordan
- Tour of Wadi Rum in 4×4 (for 3 hours approximately)
- Porterage at Borders and hotels
Jordan extension pricing
USD 720 per person on twin sharing (minimum 20 persons travelling together)
Single Supplement: USD 205
- Above rates are valid for booking until 31st August 2018 and are subject to change
- The above rates are mentioned based on the following hotel properties and the properties are subject to availability:
Tel Aviv – Grand Beach Hotel (4 star)
Eilat – Astral Maris (4 star)
Petra – Amra Palace (3 star)
Wadi Rum – Al Hillawi Desert Camp ( 3 star)